Hard to imagine that KISS Destroyer Album has turned 45 years old this year. The Ken Kelly album art along with what is considered to be the best studio effort of the original KISS lineup of Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss.
We are celebrating this great moment on Kisstory with our 3D Vinyl® Limited Edition statue of KISS Destroyer along with some other great classic KISS apparel and album vinyl. Check out all things KISS Destroyer at KnuckleBonz here.
As always check out all the great music vinyl, apparel and KnuckleBonz Collectibles at www.KnuckleBonz.com
Yesterday marked 42 years since the release of the KISS Dynasty record. While it not apparent to the KISS Army at the time, the original KISS lineup was only a short time away from it’s end. Peter Criss did not actually play on the album due to a combination of injuries to his hands from car accident and struggles with substance abuse. Anton Fig was called in to keep time as he had already worked with Ace on some of his solo efforts. The album did have radio success with “I Was Made for Lovin You“. It actually peaked at #11 on the US Billboard charts. But, perhaps the most lasting part of the Dynasty era are the amazing costumed. They were more elaborate than ever with Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter dawning capes with signature colors for each member. The KISS predominantly black and silver schemes were replaced by Red for The Demon, Hot Pink for The Starchild, Blue for SpaceAce and Green for The Catman. The photos and videos from this era are amazing.
KnuckleBonz has expended our license with KISS through 2023 with the band and we are hard at work on a new set of Rock Iconz.
Here’s a collectors list of the things we have created with KISS: KnuckleBonz and KISS
- KISS Alive II Rock Iconz (Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss) * These were essentially the Love Gun costumes w/ some minor tweaks)
- KISS Alive 1975 Rock Iconz (Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss) * From the costumes fro that era 1975)
- KISS Rock Iconz Hotter Than Hell (Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss) * All 4 band members, Gene is sporting the Skull shirt
- KISS Debut Album 3D Vinyl (The band from that famous black cover and the glowing makeup.
- KISS Destroyer 3D Vinyl – The most aggressive 3D Vinyl design to date sculpting all 4 characters in the illustrative style of Ken Kelly’s famous cover painting.
- KISS ON Tour Road Case and Logo Stage Sign – The distressed Road case hold a banner from the Alive photo shoot by Fin Costello and the lighted sign used by the band thru the Alive era.
- KISS Rock Iconz 2021 – #staytuned
Rock Hard today!
Provided you are of the age to remember “Release Tuesdays” and buying music 1st on Vinyl, you will recall how many albums you bought because the cover art was cool or spoke to you somehow. Such was the case of the KISS “Debut” album for sure. The iconic make-up for Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss was really starting to take shape and become what we know today as The Demon, The Starchild, The Starman and Catman today. This early in “KISSstory,” for sure there was almost no radio airplay. So, heavier music needed to be found based on word of mouth, a live show, or via the great print magazines of the day like CREEM, Circus and Hit Parader. However, the favorite method for us here at KnuckleBonz, Inc was a trip to the local record store or head shop. Can still remember the KISS debut record sitting at the front of a bin and the end of the store aisle. The store was dim , but what there was highlighted Ace’s face in the upper right of the cover…will never forget it. The KISS Debut album was a no-brainer to bring to our 3D Vinyl® Limited Edition Collector Series. This officially licensed ltd. edition statue is on sale now here at https://knucklebonz.com/product-category/kiss/
Rock Hard! Kbonz